Re: Comments on CSS Transitions

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:04:10 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> It seems clear that transitions are triggered whenever the specified
> value changes, whether through direct manipulation or through the
> cascade.

It does?  The last time I looked into this it sounded to me like a
transition is triggered whenever the _computed_ value of a property
should change, and that this change should happen in increments.
Computed value changes due to a transition should be ignored during this
process.

Has the draft changed significantly on this matter?

> The start and end values, similarly, seem to obviously be the previous
> specified value, and the newly specified value.

Note that the computed value might change without the specified value
changing, and vice versa.

-Boris