Re: SVG Masking and different implementations

Am Montag, den 16.02.2009, 20:54 +1300 schrieb Robert O'Callahan:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:
>         Compare the "gradient"-length of the first and the second
>         image. The
>         first drawing is of opera 10, the second of FF 3:
>
>         http://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s7468461/opera.png
>         http://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s7468461/ff.png
>
>         There is only a minimal difference, but the gradient of
>         Firefox is
>         shorter (or more transparent) than the gradient of Opera.
>
> What platform? On Mac, FF trunk (and 3.0), Safari 3.2 and Opera 9.51
> all look alike and the gradient is visible nearly to the right edge,
> similar to what you show for Opera, although smoother at the ends.
>

> Rob
> --
> "He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our
> iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by
> his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each
> of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the
> iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]

I'm using Linux. Safari, Firefox look identical on Mac, thats right.
Haven't tested Opera on Mac but Opera 10 on Linux looks like opera.png.
Don't know what you mean with "smoother at the end". The gradients on
the images on my last comment look different at the right end. And I
want to know which version is the right one and why.

Dirk