Re: Changing attributeType="CSS"

Hello,

certainly it is pretty useful for example for a group of
similar elements to inherit attribute values from the grouping
element. As often colors in SVG are not really decorative,
it is maybe only the task to describe in the specification,
that presentation attributes are often not just decorative as
CSS properties are, therefore authors have to distinguish between
the technical issue, for example to inherit a value somehow from
the question whether something is decorative or not in SVG,
this applies much more for the property-attribute mixture in SVG
as for CSS+(X)HTML for example, where it is simple to  distinguish
between decoration and function.
If authors apply stylesheets to SVG documents, it is more difficult
than for (X)HTML still to provide the same information with the
styled and the not styled document. If there become more and
more functional attribute properties, it gets more important for
the specification to pronounce this problem and that authors
have to take care, if they follow this approach.

Olaf

Erik Dahlstrom: