Re: The synchronous load event is trouble

On Nov 27, 2009, at 13:00, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:

> I don't know much about scripting, because I do not use it,
> however to have a well defined 'time-zero-point' or begin of
> the timeline is a requirement for animation and in tiny 1.2 for
> the synchronisation of multimedia content and animations as well.
> This load event is related to the timeline begin in SVG 1.1.
[...]
> Do you think, there should be a more flexible choice for authors
> to indicate, at which time the timeline begins?
> What should the behaviour of the document before the timeline has
> begun? Any ideas to provide a predictable behaviour for authors?

I'm suggesting that the load event fire from a task queue on the event loop as opposed to firing synchronously when the parser is on the call stack. The time-zero-point for animations can still be the time when the load event fires.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#task-queue
--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi