W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > December 2009

Minutes, SVG Telcon, 3 Dec 2009

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:48:18 +1100
Message-ID: <4B183222.1060605@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: www-svg@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-svg-minutes.html

---

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

03 Dec 2009

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           [IPcaller], ed, Shepazu, anthony, +39.524.9.aaaa

    Regrets
    Chair
           Erik

    Scribe
           anthony

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Next Face-to-face
          2. [5]Action Update
          3. [6]Params Feedback
          4. [7]DOM3 Events Group
          5. [8]Christmas Break
          6. [9]Charter
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 03 December 2009

    <scribe> Scribe: anthony

Next Face-to-face

    ED: Currently JW may have problems traveling to Australia
    ... looking at having the meeting in Europe
    ... around Jan - Feb

    CL: Will he be shifting around that time?

    DS: Not before Feb
    ... we could catch JW before he moves
    ... He's currently near Amsterdam
    ... Need to check if this is ok with him

Action Update

    ED: I was doing a couple of actions
    ... master to publish scripts don't seem to be giving me all the
    right files
    ... I think I fixed the Java bindings
    ... have a couple of fixes that I would like to get into the publish
    version
    ... working on extracting test cases for getIntersectionList

    CL: ACTION-2664 I worked out what the transfer codes for RGB
    ... I plotted those in SVG
    ... if you have 8 bit resolution you can't see any differences
    between the different RGB gamuts
    ... sending an email

    AG: Need to complete the full page

    <ChrisL> email sent -
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/005
    4.html

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/0054.html

    AG: was going to use the Tiny script and modify it

    <shepazu> ACTION-2203?

    <trackbot> ACTION-2203 -- Doug Schepers to add to the 1.1 Full
    errata that the initial value for the root overflow property is
    scroll rather than hidden -- due 2008-09-30 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2203

      [12] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2203

    <ChrisL>
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/att
    -0054/sRGB3.svg

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/att-0054/sRGB3.svg

    <ed>
    [14]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#overflow_
    visible ?

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#overflow_visible

    CL: I've updated links in the spec relating to ACTION-2664 so they
    point to a PDF containing the information

    DS: Any feedback on 'Overflow Visible' errata?

    ED: What about reference markers and patterns?
    ... David was complaining about when you have an SVG inside another
    SVG

    DS: No I think it was the reverse
    ... I think the main change I made was to say that the root SVG
    element is
    ... now visible as declared in CSS2 overflow
    ... and then I said with a child element (including child SVG,
    pattern and marker) it's hidden
    ... so that action is complete

    CL: I did an update on ACTION-2682

    <ChrisL> Update on ACTION-2682'

    <ChrisL>
    [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-repor
    t.html

      [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-report.html

    CL: That's the latest update on the implementation report
    ... Erik has an action relating to types-dom-02-f
    ... For painting-stroke-10-t we could back out the change

    <ChrisL> painting-stroke-10-t is still an issue, stroking zero
    length paths. no imp does this yet

    CL: and leave it for the next version of the errata
    ... this would be the only one to roll back assuming you split
    types-dom-02-f

    ED: We get a pass from Opera and probably Batik

    <ChrisL>
    [16]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-tref-02-b.svg

      [16] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-tref-02-b.svg

    <ChrisL> please run in webkit

    <ChrisL> crash! excellent

    DS: Crashed webkit

    CL: I didn't know what 'X' meant in the sheet

    <shepazu> &#x2620;

    <shepazu> ?

    CL: Tests almost done

    <ed>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Errata_in_SVG_1.1_Second_
    Edition

      [17] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Errata_in_SVG_1.1_Second_Edition

    ED: Only 3 or 4 left to review
    ... I will get to the IntersectionList ones soon

Params Feedback

    DS: Dr Olaf sent in an email
    ... 1. Suggested syntax for the params URL
    ... It was a bit verbose, but we will have to do something like
    #params and name value pairs
    ... First change is reasonable
    ... 2. Rather than have explicit params to be laid out in a
    document. You allow the author to select and identify
    ... any element and then change an attribute in that
    ... But it's basically inventing CSS in a URL string
    ... the idea of params is have structured documents with exposed
    attributes
    ... and allow them to be changed by other documents
    ... 3. He said it was too simple and he'd like to insert fragments
    into the whole document
    ... I received similar feedback off list suggesting that params was
    too simple
    ... But it's out of the scope of params
    ... Should use XSLT to do stuff like that
    ... I don't want to increase the complexity of the specification
    ... These are my initial reactions to the feedback

    CL: I think sticking CSS in a URI string is pretty weird.

    DS: Although we had an idea of forcing a style sheet on something

    CL: I wouldn't do that necessarily by URI

    <shepazu> mysvg.svg#params({color1:blue; fade:0.5;})

    <shepazu> mysvg.svg#params(color1:blue; fade:0.5;)

    ED: Something like that

    DS: I think that idea is ok, because you can have a property bag
    ... and it would be easy to pass in values
    ... I'd be open to that idea
    ... I don't really want to rely on the URL string only
    ... CSS would probably like that syntax because it's probably the
    only way it can be done with CSS

    AG: So 'params' would be a reserved word?

    DS: Yes
    ... I like the JSON syntax idea
    ... with the property bag

    ED: Would that be similar to what Dr. Olaf suggested?

    DS: No different. A person wouldn't need a 'param' key word
    ... they could access any element id

    <ed>
    [18]http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#attr-iframe-seamless

      [18] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#attr-iframe-seamless

DOM3 Events Group

    DS: We decided not to meet for the remainder of the year

    ED: I don't mind having meetings in the next week

    DS: What about saying we do the next two telcons then work on list
    ... I never pushed integration spec
    ... because there were too many bugs with it
    ... I can push it before Christmas
    ... The tables are pretty much ready

    RESOLUTION: We agree to publish the Integration specification

    DS: DOM 3 Events is thinking deprecating DOMActivate
    ... because at this point 'click' pretty much does everything that
    DOMActive does anyway
    ... having that complicates the model
    ... so we are thinking of extending 'click' to cover DOMActivate
    completely

    CL: I think it's a reasonable idea
    ... in practice they've almost been the same thing

    DS: We should simplify it to say just use 'click'
    ... As long as you say 'click' just doesn't mean click
    ... I believe Opera implemented DOMActivate

    ED: I think we have code to handle it but we don't dispatch it
    ... I don't object to the change
    ... I'd be happy having it behave like 'click'
    ... or have it replaced by 'click'
    ... There is very little code that would break in practice if we did
    that

    DS: I think you would find more on Mobile SVG content

    RESOLUTION: SVG Working Group is ok with deprecating DOMActivate as
    long as the accessibility people are happy with this also

Christmas Break

    DS: So we were meeting for telcons next
    ... and then that's it until January

    AG: Which date?

    DS: Early. Anthony can you clarify which dates you get back from
    holidays

Charter

    DS: I'm simplifying the charter
    ... and I updated it
    ... I will try to get the charter to you guys before the end of the
    year
    ... I want to put it in front of the AC soonish
    ... I've put my two deliverables in the charter
    ... if there is anything else that you guys think of let me know

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([20]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/12/03 21:36:54 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [21]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/firles/files/
Succeeded: s/gradients/markers/
Succeeded: s/intersection/IntersectionList/
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Default Present: [IPcaller], ed, Shepazu, anthony, +39.524.9.aaaa
Present: [IPcaller] ed Shepazu anthony +39.524.9.aaaa
Found Date: 03 Dec 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-svg-minutes.html
People with action items:

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-svg-minutes.html

    End of [23]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 3 December 2009 21:49:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:43 GMT