Re: SVG param(eters)

Hi, Dr. Olaf-

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote (on 11/30/09 5:59 AM):

> or a new related construction:
> some.svg#svgParam(name(value);name2(value2))

That's a good suggestion, we might do something like that.

> or
> some.svg#svgParam(id1.attributeName(attributeValue);id2.attributeName2
> (attributeValue2))
> with id1/id2 fragment identifiers within the document
> the parameter is related to, similar to addressing
> event-values in animations.
> (this needs some more considerations about masking critical characters)

That's also an interesting idea... simply make any attribute of an
addressable element modifiable.  We'll take that under consideration.

I have the feeling that this would not make for quite as intuitive an
authoring/reuse experience, but would be more powerful.

> To insert some content in title, desc or text elements, but avoiding larger
> backwards incompatibilities, one could add an additional method to create
> an entity (in doubt overwriting entities defined within the
> document-type-declaration as fallback, except the entities already defined
> by XML of course):
> some.svg#svgEntity(entityName(entityValue);entityName2(entityValue2))

I'm not terribly fond of entities myself... why not simply set the
textcontent of the addressed element?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs