Re: ISSUE-37 - html-svg-mathml - suggest closing on 2009-08-20

On Aug 27, 2009, at 2:09 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Cameron McCormack wrote:
>>> My personal preference would be to close ISSUE-37 (since the actual
>>> integration task is done), and to fie separate bugs or issues for
>>> any remaining details. I think bugzilla bugs are best what seem like
>>> minor technicalities, and an ISSUE would be best if there seems to
>>> be a philosophical disagreement.
>> OK.  My only concern would be that it might be harder to open a new
>> issue (if, for example, the bugzilla bugs are resolve
>> unsatisfactorily
>> from my perspective) than it is to close it now.
>
> We've never made it hard to open a bug or an issue, and we aren't
> going to start now.  Note that Maciej said "separate bugs or
> issues".  It is not the count that matters here.  The intent is to
> get progressively more and more specific about what needs to be done.

I agree with what Sam said. To get even more particular, if a fine-
grained task on one of the details of SVG integration gets filed as a
bug, and the bug alone does not lead to a satisfactory outcome, it
would definitely be appropriate to raise it as an issue. And even
replacing ISSUE-37 with several more specific ISSUEs right now would
be an improvement. I'll see if I can help with opening bugs/issues on
the details after I've had a chance to review the more technical bits
of Cameron's email.

What I don't like about the current state is: we have an open issue
called "Integration of SVG and MathML into text/html", which now
represents half a dozen or so specific details about how the
integration could be improved, while the core task itself is complete.
That's not the best way to track what needs to be done.

Regards,
Maciej