Re: foreignObject and viewBox and XHTML

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the potentially mailing list off-scope reply and/or
attachment "spam", but this use case/test case seems to have triggered
potential issues or unspecified behavior...

> I'm attaching a modified version which works for me in Gecko (Firefox
> 3.0.13, Ubuntu) [...]
>
> Actually, I've noticed an unexpected behavior in Gecko (didn't check
> other rendering engines) for this test case: the "gray" rectangle
> disappears in wider than taller windows. I notice it disappearing in
> edge values: it's there, and if I make the window a bit taller it
> disappears; if I resize back it appears again. Weird (or, at least to
> me, unexpected)...

More weird/incoherent behavior among implementations:
 * Opera 9.64 and 10.0b3, Windows -- rendering issues in
"foreignObject" (black areas shown depending on window size);
 * Internet Explorer 8+ASV 6.0dr1, Windows -- HTML styling (text
colors) and tag nesting (such as "code") doesn't work; also, an
apparent issue in child SVG documents;
 * Safari 4.0.3, Windows -- child SVG documents not resized according
to parent window;
 * Firefox 3.0.13, Windows -- seems to behave properly: the gray
rectangle never disappears, as in Linux (!).

Note that I haven't investigated properly in order to understand if
this set of incoherent behavior could be due to underspecified
behavior (within the SVG specification) or simply to implementation
issues, but it seemed like useful to share. :-)

Regards,
 Helder