Re: Setting animVal.value?

From: Brian Birtles <birtles@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:16:52 +1000
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Cameron,

2009/8/13 Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>

> This is now changed in the current Editorís Draft:
>

> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/types.html#InterfaceSVGAnimatedLength

This looks good. My main concern was actually with whether the CONTENTS of
animVal are ALWAYS read only. I think that's implied by the new text:

   A read only SVGLength representing the current animated value of the
given attribute.

although do we need to make explicit the fact that the CONTENTS of animVal
are readonly?

In SVG 1.1 animVal was always readonly (i.e. you can't set
animatedLength.animVal) but its contents were not (i.e. sometimes you can
set animatedLength.animVal.value).

I think it would be better if we made that explicit, but I'll leave it with
you.

Brian