Re: Platform evolution and attributeType="auto"

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:16:25 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello,

due to one of my comments this is modified slightly already for
SVG tiny 1.2.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/animate.html#TargetAttributes

Only applicable properties have to be taken into account - and
it can be assumed, that applicable properties have the same
meaning as a related presentation attribute or that there is
no attribute with the same name, but another meaning.
What applicable is, is defined in SVG, therefore there is
not directly a problem, if others define not applicable
properties with the same name as SVG attributes.
Of course, there would be a problem, if others have
another definition of properties already defined in
SVG, I think, one can assume, that for SVG content the
SVG definition overwrites other definition in case of a
conflict.

A problematic sample is given too with the properties
width and height not applicable for example for a rect
element.

On the other hand, authors can specify explicitly 'XML' or
'CSS' to indicate in more detail, what they want to animate.