From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: State of Implementation and Use of SVG DOM Features (was:
Agenda, 5 August 2009 SVG WG telcon)
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hi Doug,

This sounds like a great effort.  A full list of all API
methods/interfaces and their implementation status followed by their
used status would be a very useful thing.

In some cases you could instantly see that APIs may have been
consistently implemented but are never used (and are therefore likely
candidates for removal/simplification).  This is clearly a good goal.

On the other hand the used status of features may be directly related
to the implemented status.  In some cases we will see methods never
being used and this is because they have not been consistently
implemented across browsers.  One example that springs to mind is
getIntersectionList() and getEnclosureList().  These would be very
useful features for the SVG-edit project but the only browser that
implements them is Opera at the moment.

> I also think it would be useful for us to make sure we have tests for all
> the SVG DOM interfaces,'

I think this is sorely needed and I would like to volunteer to help in
this effort.  I'll bring this up in the SVG IG conf call tomorrow and
see if there are any more volunteers.

Regards,
Jeff

P.S. Is there a difference between the www-svg and the public-svg-wg
list?  Just thought I'd ask so I can set up a new label/filter in
GMail.