Re: Selectors, getElementsByTagName() and camelCase SVG

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:01:04 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 21:42:03 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> However I think we'd get the effect of a case insensitive compare if
> we made getElementsByTagName use the same case-correcting algorithm as
> the parser does.

You do not get it for the SVG textArea element. You also do not get it for
custom elements created through createElementNS(). I'm fine with cutting
our losses, but you won't get black-box equivalence to the current
requirements in the specification with this strategy.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/