Re: [SVG 1.2 Tiny] play, stop, pause, resume on video (ISSUE-2061)

Hi, Philippe-

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote (on 9/19/08 1:24 PM):

> Finally, declarative methods or not, it doesn't change the fact that the
> current definition in uDOM is awkward from a user point of view (note
> that I did not say broken, just awkward). I'm happy to agree that it's a
> minor fact that users will get over relatively easily but, as a user,
> play() is more attractive than beginElement() when doing videos.

Agreed.  Add to that the disparity in SVG and HTML between the
functionality and method names, and we end up with a total package that
is more confusing and harder to use for authors (not users, hopefully).

Maybe this is something that the upcoming video Working Groups can help
resolve?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs