Re: SVG 1.2 Tiny: Beta3 of Test Suite Published

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:18:26 +1000
To: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Dr Hoffmann,

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Just in case someone has the same problems with the
> archive as I have:
> 1. The file access permissions are set wrong for files
> in most subdirectories (can be changed with
> 'chmod a+r */* */*/*' etc in the main directory)

Thanks for highlighting this issue.

I was given an action [1] to investigate this problem.

I believe the issue lies with the script that generates the archive. Typically
the scrip is run in a cygwin environment which does seem to apply permissions to
the file as you discovered.

To fix the problem you've found, I've modified the archiving script to apply
read permissions (as you've suggested) to the files that are added to the archive.

I've tested the archive generated with the modified script under a linux
environment and it seems to work.

The next release of the test suite should have read permissions set on the files
in the archive.

I hope this addresses the problem.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Grasso