Re: Question about href of discard (related to test struct-discard-201-t.svg)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:50:20 +1000
To: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Cc: Julien Reichel <Julien.Reichel@spinetix.com>, www-svg@w3.org

Julien Reichel:
> > [re <discard>]
> > What happen if the href is not a valid IRI ?

Anthony Grasso:
> Good question. This is something not specified and I suspect
> implementations will doe something different in this case.

Note though that the spec currently says:

  If the 'xlink:href' attribute has an invalid IRI reference (the
  target element did not exist, for example), the 'discard' element
  itself must still be removed following activation.

Though it’s not explicitly state that an invalid IRI reference results
in no <discard> element other than itself from being removed, it is
implied.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/