Re: SVGt 1.2 Tests: animate-elem-41-t fill rule animation is incorrect and error in ref image

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:53:44 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org, Kalle Raita <kraita@nvidia.com>

Hello,

before I forget it, I'd like to mention, that
it turned out
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-smil/2008JulSep/0011.html
, that the behaviour for discrete
to-animations is indeed already defined in
the old SMIL animation recommendation
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#comma-wspBNF
, and therefore for SVG1.1 in the same way
as for SVGT1.2, SMIL3 and SMIL2.

This especially means, that already the SVG1.1 test
is wrong, the SVGT1.2 test is derived from and
that user-agents like Opera, Batik/Squiggle, Adobe plugin
have currently the wrong timing for discrete to-animations
implemented.

Maybe this indicates, that this feature should be tested in the
SVG test suite, with calcMode explicitly set to discrete and implicitely
both by the attributeName value, by the to-value and by the
underlying value (if they are not interpolable themselves, but the
attribute or property has interpolabe values to, as for example
fill and stroke: 'none' etc)...

Having enough detailled tests for to-animation, maybe one day
to-animations really can be used by auhors, if most viewers support
them as specified ;o)

Olaf