Elliptical paths

From: Daniel Freeman <brutfood@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-svg@w3.org

An SVG elliptical path is defined by two points on the ellipse, (xlast,ylast), (x,y) - the size rx,ry of the ellipse are known, and its rotation r.

>From this information, how do I derive the centre of the ellipse?

-(I tried to work through the maths but got stuck).

(There are two possible solutions.  Additional parameters in the elliptical path description select which centre and which arc to draw).

      Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs..yahoo.com/homepageset