Re: [1.2T LC]: accessing rules for traitAccess (ISSUE-2094)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:10:23 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>

Hi Cameron,

On Oct 31, 2008, at 02:20 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
>> - either it is possible to change the href of an animation so that it
>> may apply to a new element; or
>> - everything (including hrefs) is resolved when the timeline begins,
>> and thereafter you can change IDs, move elements around, etc.
>> whatever
>> was resolved stays resolved.
>>
>> I think the first one is more intuitive and more powerful, but it
>> might
>> cause issues in implementations (e.g. what happens if you change
>> the href
>> in the middle of the 27th repeat of an additive animation?).
>
> In the future, I think the former is what we want.

I am happy with that being done in the future.

> If you could indicate whether you are satisified with this
> resolution as
> soon as possible, this would be appreciated.

I am satisfied with that resolution.

I would kindly ask that one of the first things that SVG 2.0 Core
jumps on is sorting this out, possibly by defining SMIL in terms of
scripting so that the two worlds may find harmony.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/