Re: [SVGMobile12] Lack of BIDI 'direction' (ISSUE-2058)

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:47:38 -0700
To: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
CC: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, public-i18n-core@w3.org, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

fantasai wrote:

> Erik Dahlström wrote:
>> Would the following replacement text satisfy your comment:
>>
>> "For the 'direction' property to have any effect on an element that does
> . not by itself establish a new 'text chunk' (such as the 'tspan' element),
>> the 'unicode-bidi' property's value must be 'embed' or 'bidi-override'."
>
> I would suggest writing the parenthetical as
>   (such as the 'tspan' element in SVG 1.2 Tiny)
> and s/by iteself/itself/ but either way is acceptable.
>
> Please also remove the paragraph about glyph orientation, and I will
> consider my comment satisfied.

Actually, Richard has a good point in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0255.html

You haven't updated the text-align text to reference 'direction', which
ties into both of these issues:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Sep/0057.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Sep/0058.html

~fantasai