Re: RE : [1.2T LC]: accessing rules for traitAccess (ISSUE-2094 ACTION-2316)

Hello Julien,

Thank you very much for your reply.

>You are saying that:
>1) you think the restriction on the modification of the href while the element is in the tree is necessary and thus you will >keep it ?
>This address my comment and I am satisfied with it. I believe this is an important restriction.
Yes, this is correct.

2) You do not want to add additional restriction on the modification of xml:id (or id) of ellement already in the tree, because this is alleady implemented in most UA and in many content "in the wild", and you don't think this is a necessary restriction ?
This address my comment, and altrough I still think that if no restriction is imposed on xml:id then this will impose the same burden on implementation as if the href could be modified. I'm not happy with the answer but I understand and I am "satified" with it.
Yes, this is correct.

Now, to re-send you erik's question:
what append when the xml:id of an element targeted by an animation is modified ?
- no effect the animation continue.
- an exception is raised
- The animation stops (or start) on the new target (and stop on teh old target).

If there is no restriction on the modification of the xml:id of element in the tree and the target of an animation, then a note should be added to say that the result is not specified and will be UA dependent...
This is a great suggestion and we will hopefully discuss it this week.

All the best,
Andrew

Julien