Re: Any good 3D library?

Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  Hi,
> ~
>  I am currently looking for a 3D library (preferably a java one to so
> some visual 3D rotations and translations I would like to perform on
> basic 3D geometric solid objects, say regular (, or non-regular)
> tetrahedra and icosahedra
> ~
>  Can you tell me of any you know of and how well do they do  3D
> modeling? Preferably with some links showcasing features and
> possibilities
> ~

Since you want a Java library, I guess you don't need SVG as a hard
requirement. I'd recommend X3D, a standard for 3D vectorial graphics.
More info at http://www.web3d.org/

There are several libraries for working with X3D, both commercial and
open source (see
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Applications
), and Xj3D ( http://www.xj3d.org/ ) seems to meet your requirements.

--