Re: [1.2T-LC] Comments on Last Call WD of SVG T1.2 (ISSUE-2149, ISSUE-2157)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:35:34 -0400
To: cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Hi, Cyril-

Cyril Concolato wrote (on 10/13/08 7:03 AM):

> * Section 16.2.7 Paced animation and complex types
> Since a polygon is a simple kind of path, it seems strange to allow
> paced interpolation of path but not of polygons. Could you explain why
> the group reached this conclusion ?

This seems merely to have been an oversight.  By far, <path> is the most
commonly used element in SVG, and so more attention was paid to it.  So
given the relatively rare use of <polyline> and <polygon>, this is a bit
of an edge case, and at this late point, we don't see a pressing need to
add it.  However, we do agree that this is something that should be
addressed in later specifications, so I've raised an issue on it for SVG
2.0 Core:

 http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2157

Please let us know if this satisfies your comment.

Regards-
-Doug