Re: [1.2T-LC] attributeType auto (ISSUE-2082)

Hi Dr. Hoffmann,

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> Anthony Grasso:
>> Hi Dr. Hoffmann,
>>
>> The SVG Working Group discussed ISSUE-2082 and we agree that it seems to be
>> underspecified and needs to be addressed.
>>
>> As you know, however, CSS styling is not required for SVG Tiny 1.2 and the
>> behaviour of implementations regarding this attribute is currently unknown.
>>
>> Would you be comfortable with this issue being postponed and addressed in
>> the SVG Core time frame where it will be more relevant?
>>

> Hello,
>
> there is no need to solve the problem completely already in SVG1.2,
> but then there are still some minor adjustments to do to avoid that
> something nasty happens, if an implementor really starts to implement,
> what is currently defined for "auto" ;o)

Yes, I believe this is something we may comeback to address in Core 2.0, that
said we have made a change in SVG Tiny 1.2.

> Up to now I do not really understand, what might be intended by the
> change in SVGT1.2 compared to SVG1.1 or SMIL, therefore I cannot
> even suggest something, how to avoid problems.

This was a tricky one. However, based on the feedback you presented in your
previous emails regarding this issue, Doug and I constructed wording [1] that we
believe solves the problems for "auto" that you pointed out.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience if the wording we've put in is
satisfactory.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Grasso.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/animate.html#AttributeTypeAttribute