Re: [SVG 1.2 Tiny] play, stop, pause, resume on video (ISSUE-2061)

Hi, Philippe-

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote (on 9/19/08 11:59 AM):
> I've been playing with an HTML/JS/SVG demo to demonstrate the support of
> video and noticed something awkward in the SVG 1.2 Tiny specification.
>
> HTML 5 video supports play() and pause() (and stop() I think but it
> doesn't seem to be listed there?).
>
> SVG 1.2 has beginElement(), pauseElement(), resumeElement(),
> endElement(), and those four functions are defined in two different
> interfaces (one inherits from the other).
>
> I understand that it's quite late to ask for the methods to be renamed
> in SVG 1.2 Tiny (especially since those methods were defined by SMIL
> anyway) but, speaking from the point of a user, a note next to the
> ElementTimeControl interface pointing to the SVGTimedElement for further
> functions might be helpful.

In addition to the earlier response [1], where on your advice we linked
between the ElementTimeControl and SVGTimedElement interfaces, I've
added a bit of a summary for common controls [2], and linked to it from
the multimedia chapter [3].  I hope that this will make it clearer for
authors and implementors.

Please let us know if this clarifies the matter.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0161.html
[2]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#Multimedia_Control
[3]