Re: [1.2T-LC] Comments on Last Call WD of SVG T1.2 (ISSUE-2144)

Hi Doug,

Doug Schepers a écrit :
> Hi, Cyril-
>
> Cyril Concolato wrote (on 10/13/08 7:03 AM):
>> * Section 11.10.5 The 'buffered-rendering' property What is the
>> relationship between SVG T 1.2 'buffered-rendering' attribute and the
>> SVG Full 1.2 rendering hints
>> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/painting.html#sprites)
>> cache/static/snap ?
>
> Yes, the 'buffered-rendering' is in fact derived from that similar
> feature set in SVG 1.2 Full, and we added it to SVG 1.2 Tiny since it is
> particularly useful for mobile optimization, and was implemented by
> clients because of client requests.  Since the previous attributes
> (cache/static) were directly opposite, it made sense to conflate them
> into one attribute, and they will not be split out again in future specs
> (as they were in SVG 1.2 Full).
>
> The relationship with the SVG 1.2 Full hints is roughly as follows:
> 'auto' means do whatever you want
> 'dynamic' is equivalent to cache='true'
> 'static' is equivalent to static='true'
I'm actually happy about this merging of the 1.2 Full cache and static hints because as you say, they were opposite. I think this buffered-rendering hint is useful.

> There is no equivalent to 'snap', though that could be added.  It's not
> clear if that would be a value of 'buffered-rendering', or if (as it
> seems on the surface) that it is orthogonal.  It seems to me that you
> could want to have a repeated image either as dynamic or static,
> depending on the use case.
I'm fine with not having the snap feature now.

> Please let us know promptly if this is a satisfactory response.
Satisfied.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato