Re: [1.2T-LC] Comments on Last Call WD of SVG T1.2

Hi, Cyril-

Cyril Concolato wrote (on 10/13/08 7:03 AM):

> * Section "Status of this document"
> It says that the CR exit criteria is "two interoperable implementations
> for each test in the SVG Tiny 1.2 test suite". Is it two
> implementations, each passing all tests; or for each test, two passing
> implementation ?

The latter: for each test, we must have two passing implementations.
This has always been the criteria for the SVG specifications, though SVG
1.2 Tiny includes the additional constraint that one of the passing
implementations must be a mobile UA.

Please note that the CR test suite is not to test conformance of
implementations (though it is sometimes used that way for marketing
purposes), but rather to test the interoperable implementability of the
specification itself (i.e., it is a test of the spec, not of the viewers).

I would dearly love to have the resources to make a more complete test
suite suitable for testing conformance.  This incarnation of the SVG WG
is very interested in developing tests in parallel with writing the
spec.  The SVG Interest Group is also doing some testing activities (SVG
Torture Tests) for some pragmatic combinations of features, to try to
get widespread interoperability.  If you or anyone else is interested in
helping with this, please contact me offlist.

Regards-
-Doug