Re: Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Tiny 1.2 Specification should link to CSS2.1 CR

Hello www-svg,

Mohamed ZERGAOUI wrote:

> Instead of linking to CSS2 REC, you should link to CSS2.1 CR (which
> hopefully by the time will become a REC)

The SVG WG shares your hope that CSS 2.1 will soon become a Rec.
However, given the current degree of spec coverage in the CSS 2.1 test
suite, it is unlikely to do so in less than a year. In addition, parts
of SVG refer to functionality which is in CSS 2 but was removed from
CSS 2.1.

For SVG Tiny 1.2, therefore, we will continue to point to CSS2. We
look forward to being able to normatively reference CSS2.1 in future
specifications.

The SVG WG hopes that this answer responds to your concern. Please let
us know whether it does or not.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG