Re: ISSUE-2095 (soft-light blend mode): Algorithm for soft-light blend mode [Module: Filters]

Adobe has published the blend modes used in PDF at
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdfs/blend_modes.pdf
It defines soft-light as

if (Sc <= 0.5)
  Dc' = Dc - (1 - 2.Sc).Dc.(1-Dc)
otherwise
  Dc' = Dc + (2.Sc - 1) . (F(Dc) - Dc)

with
if (x <= 0.25)
  F(x) = ((16.x - 12).x + 4).x
otherwise
  F(x) = x

which is slightly different from the formula you presented.
It is also easier to implement as it doesn't involve square roots.

Cheers,
Benjamin