Re: Event handling in clipping conditions

On Nov 26, 2008, at 21:41 , Andreas Neumann wrote:
> ah yes - this is a rather old issue. It would be very cool if it
> could be addressed in an SVG 1.1 errata in a reasonable time.
>
> Most SVG UAs don't process events outside a clipping path. Batik is
> different but given that the SVG spec doesn't define it, one cannot
> really say it is a bug or not.

I don't have access but I believe the WG's member-only list has some
discussion of this. IIRC it was in the context of defining new
attributes to control the event behaviour differently for geometry,
clip, mask, stroke, and filter areas (and possibly vector effects too,
though that would be very dated).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/