Re: some strange phrases in 1.2T

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:15:14 +0000
To: "Ruud Steltenpool" <svg@steltenpower.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

As Doug and others have already pointed out for similar comments I
previously made, some of these weird or incorrect sentences are
usually writing style-related which are less obvious for non-native
English speakers. Nevertheless, I'd suggest the WG to take a look at
them, as they point out less clear text sections which may conduct to
misleading interpretations.

Without the needed context (Ruud, could you please provide context
such as section/subsection within the specification to avoid text
find? Thanks!), I leave a set of quick suggestions.

> In the case of pinned transform behavior, a new viewport must not be
> establish. [1]

I'd propose:
In the case of a pinned transform behavior, a new viewport must not be
established.

> Video at the native resolution given by the media shall then painted on a
> region whose center is the pin point and whose width and height are defined
> by the media [2]

I'd propose:
Video at the native resolution given by the media shall then be
painted on a region whose center is the pin point and whose width and
height are defined by the media

> The first group will render a scaled and rotated video sequence on a viewer
> supporting video transformations while the second group will render the
> untransformed video on viewers that doesn't support video transformations. [3]

I'd propose:
The first group will render a scaled and rotated video sequence on a
viewer supporting video transformations while the second group will
render the untransformed video on viewers that don't support video
transformations.

Hope this helps,

  Helder Magalh„es

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/single-page.html#multimedia-VideoElement