additional role of 'hint' or 'contexthelp' -- please you do it

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:03:13 -0500
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

BTW, congratulations on SVG 1.2T to PR!

.. back on topic...

We (PFWG) and SVG have been discussing the use of a new @role
value for on-the-spot, tailored context help for widget
instances.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/75

On November 11 the Working Group asked me to tell you that
we prefer you define this @role value in the SVG documents.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/302

While we can see the benefit to SVG, we don't need this role
where the behavior is scripted.  Only once it is built into
the browser or processor does it become necessary.  There it
is a matter of the native semantics of the host language,
not a WAI-ARIA overlay.  So it makes sense that it be defined
in the document controlling the host language.

This is not meant to cut off discussion, but as this is
technically feasible, we hope you will give it your serious
consideration.

Al