Re: [1.2T-LC] text-align and text-anchor with direction (ISSUE-2171)

Doug Schepers wrote:
> Hi, Richard, Elika-
>
> Thanks for your comment.  We've added wording to the spec to address
> your issue:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/text.html#RelationshipWithBiDirectionality
>
> [[
> Within text content elements, the alignment of text with regards to the
> 'text-anchor' or 'text-align'  properties is determined by the values of
> the 'direction' and 'unicode-bidi'  properties. For example, given a
> 'text' element with a 'text-anchor'  value of "end", for a 'direction'
> value of "ltr", the text will extend to the left of the position of the
> 'text' element's 'x'  attribute value, while for 'direction'  value of
> "rtl", the text will extend to the right of the position of the 'text'
> element's 'x'  attribute value.
> ]]
>
> Please let us know right away if this satisfies your comment, or if not,
> what changes we can make to do so.

A. 'unicode-bidi' should have no effect. Remove that from your sentence.

B. This does not make the necessary normative changes to the definitions
    of 'start' and 'end' for text-anchor and text-align. 'start' and 'end'
    should be defined in terms of 'direction'.

~fantasai