Re: errata? weather.svgz#sunny

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:48:19 +1000
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi Jonathan.

Jonathan Chetwynd:
> why so quiet?
> in html # can be used as part of a uri to point to an anchor in the
> document, conforming UAs generally display the document from that point.
> it seems natural to me that for svg where # is part of use
> http://www.peepo.org.uk/icon-ark/edemocracy.svgz#braille
> might only display the single symbol #braille.
> is something similar planned fro SVG1.2?

Indeed it is planned, and even specified.  Have a look at

> could this be an errata for 1.1? can't see why not as the syntax has no
> current use and what else might be preferred?

Actually the syntax has a slightly different (and incompatible) meaning
in SVG 1.1:

  If the SVG fragment identifier addresses any element other than a
  'view' element, then the document defined by the closest ancestor
  'svg' element is displayed in the viewport using the view
  specification attributes on that 'svg' element.
   — http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/linking.html#SVGFragmentIdentifiers

Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/