feImage image sizing

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:17:43 +1300
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/filters.html#feImage

If the xlink:href references a stand-alone image resource such as a JPEG,
> PNG or SVG file, then the image resource is rendered according to the
> behavior of the 'image'<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#ImageElement>element

For the <image> element, 'width' and 'height' are required attributes that
define the size of the viewport into which the image is rendered. <feImage>
doesn't have these attributes, so how should the image viewport be sized? If
the image viewport is supposed to be (0,0)-(100%,100%) of the user
coordinate system established by the value of 'primitiveUnits' on the
'filter' element, I think the spec needs to be clarified to say so
explicitly.

Rob
53:5-6]