Re: How to provide titles and descriptions in a second language?

On Jun 30, 2008, at 19:44 , Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> as I discoverd now, the elements title and desc do not have
> the attribute systemLanguage in SVG 1.1 and SVGT1.2.
>
> How to provide (or to switch to) a second language for
> title and description without repeating the parent element
> of those elements. How to switch the document title and
> description?
>
> Maybe it is useful to add this attribute to title and desc
> in SVG 1.2, because often those elements contain the
> major part of text in SVG documents and it might be
> useful for accessibility reasons to provide those information
> in more than one language.

Nothing keeps you from providing title and desc in more than one
language: simply use the xml:lang attribute to indicate which language
they're in. Since they do not have any effect on rendering there is no
need to switch them, just include several, each with their own
language. It's up to the UA what happens with them (e.g. showing up as
a tooltip or being read out) so it ought to figure out which one it
wants to use.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/