External reference used in SVGT 1.2 test: media-anim-201-t

From: Julien Reichel <Julien.Reichel@spinetix.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:44:59 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi,

In the test media-anim-201-t in the SVGT 1.2 test set, the external
document used by the test (animationresource-anim1.svg for instance)
have no viewbox.

When included into the test document (using the <animation> element) we
cannot reproduce the reference image (neither can opera). The reason is
that the referenced images are clipped on the top/left.

>From my understanding of the specification, what opera and our player is
showing is the correct behaviour. Can you confirm that there is a
problem with this test ?

A way to solve the problem is to add viewBox='-25 -25 50 50' to the
animation referenced by the test. But in this case the element are no
longer cantered in the media-anim-201-t.svg.

Another way to solve the problem is to modify the transform in the
referenced animation to that all the animation has positive coordinates.

Let me know if I missed something.

Julien

Julien Reichel, PhD
Technology Architect, SpinetiX S.A.