Re: dilemma of cache: two types of image

David,

My concern is how the naive-user is able to negotiate the
possibilities for cache and <use>.

How is the user to know whether an icon that they have incorporated
into a page, is one that metamorphes, and how often?
there is a screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiV-hkuKr9o
and demo file to experiment with: http://www.openicon.org/feeds/test.svg

this is in addition to the issue previously raised regarding the
relative difficulty of setting up a browser and server with different
cache rules.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com