RE: ISSUE-37: RE: SVG in HTML proposal

From: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:47:17 -0700
To: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
CC: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Of what type are the nodes?

From: Jeff Schiller [mailto:codedread@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:44 PM
To: Chris Wilson
Cc: Henri Sivonen; HTML WG; www-svg
Subject: Re: ISSUE-37: RE: SVG in HTML proposal

Chris,

Can you clarify what you mean, exactly?

My understanding is that the DOM should be no different than it is in SVG-in-XHTML.  That is:

   <svg id='svg1'...>... </svg>

DOM node 'svg1' has a parent node of the HTML:body node, regardless of the serialization.  The namespace of the SVG nodes in the DOM are in the SVG namespace, etc.

Regards,
Jeff