Re: Applying SVG properties to non-SVG content

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 12 July 2008 01:08, Doug Schepers wrote:
> > Personally, I see this as a high priority.  I think it should be
> > started in a timeframe that allows Mozilla, Opera, and Safari to
> > include this in upcoming product releases.
>
> I disagree. For me this is low priority.
>
> SVG exists. People can already make a fancy filter or gradient.

But they can't apply them to CSS-formatted elements.

If after all that we still think that CSS isn't big enough, we can discuss
> copying some features from SVG to CSS.

The proposal doesn't do that. In fact, it is motivated by a strong desire to
avoid copying features from one spec to another.

Is there some confusion here? Perhaps you should re-read the proposal?
http://people.mozilla.com/~roc/SVG-CSS-Effects-Draft.html

Rob
53:5-6]