Re: SVG animate values format

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:17:32 +1000
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi Julien.

Julien Reichel:
> Is it allowed to terminate a list of values with a ; ?
>
> For instance is the following valid or not ?
>
> <animateTransform attributeName="transform" begin="0" dur="1"
> type="rotate" values="0;0;90;"/>
>
> As values is defined as "A semicolon-separated list of one or more
> values" [1]. My understanding is that this is not valid. Is it correct ?

The WG decided to change values="" to allow a trailing semicolon in the
list without creating a new value, for compatibility with existing
content:

  http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/animate.html#ValuesAttribute
  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/animate.html.diff?r1=1.63&r2=1.64&f=h

Thanks,