RE: Reference image of animate-elem-40-t

From: Julien Reichel <Julien.Reichel@spinetix.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:14:24 +0200
To: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi,

> I personally think, that the reference image is anyway often
> of very limited use for animation tests. Animation tests I
> create typically do not rely on reference images and several
> of them try to be selfconsistent, indicating at least typical
> errors of the tested feature in an easy way even for smaller
> deviations. But this is not completely trivial to have for
> any feature to be tested and for many things tested it is not
> really necessary to have a precision test. As here the timing
> of the marker is not centered, therefore it is only a help to
> get a rough impression of the timing - it is already much
> better than to have no indication at all ;o)

I agree with you. And I already find the work done for generating this
test suite very impressive :-)

> > The animation of the #markergroup in animate-elem-40-t is
> actually a
> > very good example of small details that can be easily
> overlooked. And
> > the fact that its an animation of a use that will itself be
> referenced
> > by another use, makes it a complicate case to test.
>

> Well for this test it is the intention of some subtests to
> test the behaviour of use, therefore it should be no
> complication to reuse the markers.

Well actually this animation on the marker pointed out a bug in our
player that none of the test for the "use" showed.

None of the official test specific for the "use" tests the following
case:
- animation of an attribute in a use, which is itself included in
another part of the document with another use. I thinks (but I must
check again that you have such test on your web page).

Julien