Re: if xlink:title= is empty and a <title> is provided should that be in the tooltip?

Hi, Jonathan-

I agree with Cameron here, but I understand that you're trying to do
anything that gets results, which is a pragmatic approach.

I spent some considerable time working on your issue yesterday, and will
be sending out a detailed email in the next few days discussing how we
should resolve this issue.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI