Heads Up for SVG Open 2008!

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:03:25 -0500
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, SVG Community-

At SVG Open 2007, we promised to announce preparations for SVG Open 2008
in late December or early January.  I thought I would kick off the New
Year with an informal preliminary call for papers... it's still 2007
where I'm writing. :)

I don't want to spoil the official announcement, which will follow
within a couple weeks, but the organizer has been chosen, early sponsors
found, a location determined (hint: it's somewhere in Europe), and a
timeframe decided (sometime in late September, as usual).

The SVG Open 2008 site will be officially open for business by
mid-January, but you can get started on your papers now.  For those of
you who plan to present or attend, it would be interesting to hear
feedback about what you want to see in the conference.  The presentation
tracks are not yet decided, so there's time for you to chime in.

I look forward to seeing some of you there, and to helping review your
presentations.

Happy New Year!

Best Regards-
-Doug Schepers