Re: getNumberOfChars(), 16-bit units, and Acid3

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:37:48 +0000 (UTC)
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> That should be treated just like multiple-character glyphs (like
> ligatures), i.e. getStartPositionOfChar(firstSurrogate) ==
> getStartPositionOfChar(secondSurrogate), and same for
> getEndPositionOfChar().

Ah, ok, cool. Glad to know there's precedent, too (with the ligatures

I've updated the test. You may wish to examine it to make sure it is still
correct, since you wrote it. :-)

> > Is there an errata I can look at?
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/errata/errata.xml#svgtextcontentelement-getnumberofchars

Awesome, thanks.

Please let me know when you have text for the other methods too, so I can
check the test is consistent with those.

Please do make these errata public as soon as possible; testing things
that aren't even in a spec yet, let alone an errata that came out after
the test, is not something I would like to make a habbit of. :-)