Re: [1.2T-LC] 16.2.9 by 'identity' (ISSUE-2093, ACTION-2319)

From: Brian Birtles <birtles@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:12:29 +1300
To: www-svg@w3.org
Dear Dr. Hoffmann,

Thank you very much for your helpful response. I have been looking into many
of the issues you have raised recently and have documented my findings at:
http://brian.sol1.net/svg/animatetransform-issues/

I'm still not sure that I quite appreciate the meaning of neutral element.
Or perhaps it is my understanding of addition. I thought that with regards
to animateTransform, addition meant post-multiplication. If that is the case
then, A + scale(0,0) != A but rather A + scale(1,1) = scale(1,1) + A = A.
But I suspect my understanding is too simple.

However, if you have opportunity to check my understanding as described in
the various issues at http://brian.sol1.net/svg/animatetransform-issues/ I
would be most grateful. In particular, the item 'by-animation and scale
transformations' is relevant.

Best regards,

Brian Birtles