Re: SVGt 1.2 Tests: Illegal separator in linking-frag-201 and 202

Hi Kalle,

Sorry for the late replay regarding this issue.

Kalle Raita wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The identity links in both linking-frag-201-t and -202-t contain
> the following fragment:
> "#svgView(transform(matrix(1 0 0 1 0 0)))"
>
> Using space as separator in the SVG content is OK in general,
> but http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/linking.html#LinksIntoSVG
> says:
> "Spaces shall not be allowed in fragment specifications and
> commas must be used to separate numeric values within an SVG
> view specification."
> Identity links are contradicting this rule.

The Working Group discussed this issue and the sentence has been
replaced with new wording [1]. The new wording allows for spaces but
recommends that they be percent encoded or commas be used where appropriate.

> Also, I think the last sentence of the test description might
> a bit confusing:
>
> "The rect with 'identity' must link to this file and not
> change the resulting view"
>
> Our interpretation is that the final link should reset
> the view to identity mapping instead of not changing it.
> The current text suggests to me that if I first click, e.g.,
> rotate and immediately after that identity, the view should
> remain rotated.

We agree that the wording for both tests was a bit confusing. This text
has now been changed in the latest version of the tests [2][3].

Please let the Working Group know if you have any further comments or
feedback regarding this test case.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Grasso

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/master/linking.html#IntroFragmentsViews
[2] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/linking-frag-201-t.svg
[3] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/linking-frag-202-t.svg

This closes ACTION-2142.

> Yours,
>   - Kalle Raita
>
> Kalle Raita
> NVIDIA Corporation
> Tel. +358 40 723 1441
> kraita@nvidia.com
> http://eu.nvidia.com <http://eu.nvidia.com/>

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
> confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may
be confidential and may also be subject to legal professional privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with,
disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the
sender by return email and delete the information from your system.