Re: SVG 1.2 Tiny Test Suite

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 10:33:37 +0900
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 9/8/2007 8:10 PM):

> On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:00:19 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
>> The SVG Working Group is pleased to announce the beta version of the
>> SVG 1.2 Tiny Test Suite and the corresponding interim Implementation
>> report.
>
>  From the implementation report: "Implementation passes part of the
> test, but not enough to give a full pass." Shouldn't that simply say
> "Implementation passes a part of the test, but not all."? Currently it
> seems to suggest that with partial passing a full pass can be achieved.
> (To me, anyway.)

Hmm... I don't read it that way, but if you do, it should probably be
changed to remove any possible ambiguity.  Note that many tests contain
multiple related subtests, and that there are tests which have some
loose pass criteria, but those criteria are defined for each test.  I
don't know of any tests offhand that have a "pass threshold", though,
and I suspect that such a test would not be a good one... each subtest
should have pass/fail criteria.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI