Re: ARIA States and Properties Meeting

> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>The point is that HTML currently doesn't support namespaces and that ARIA

>is a solution for current HTML, not HTML5. If HTML5 were to be supported
>by all vendors ARIA would not even be needed.

This is not clear to me. I will admit that I haven't read the entire HTML5
draft, but there's still room for ARIA given the potential for
extensibility via JavaScript.
I think the ARIA FAQ  answers this:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA:_Accessible_Rich_Internet_Applications/Relationship_to_HTML_FAQ#Will_authors_still_need_to_build_JavaScript_widgets_when_HTML5_is_available.3F

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Austin, TX

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

masquill@us.ibm.com