Re: SVG in text/html

Hi, Sam-

Sam Ruby wrote (on 10/12/2007 3:58 PM):

> Doug, I don't know if you are familiar with my website, but I have been
> deploying inline SVG on pages for quite some time now.

Yes, of course I am.  I was very pleased to see the SVG logo turn up
there, one of the first uses in the wild.  Your blog is always very
interesting, lots of good experimentation there.

> In any case,
> there are some real issues that need to be worked out.  Examples include
> what <![CDATA[ ]>> means, and how tags like <script> are handled by SVG
> unaware browsers.  (Possibly <title> too, but that turns out to be less
> of an issue).

I'm becoming more aware of those.  I hope none of them are deal-breakers.

> Related:
>
> http://intertwingly.net/blog/2007/09/11/SVG-on-IE-via-Silverlight-Revisited
> http://intertwingly.net/blog/2007/08/02/HTML5-and-Distributed-Extensibility

I hadn't read that second link... yes, it seems like a good proposal.
Are there any strong objections to it?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI