Re: Public identifiers for SVG 1.1 Tiny and Mobile

Hi Olivier,

On Oct 05, 2007, at 02:52, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> While this is true for most people, I have to disagree: they are
> extremely useful for validating parsers.

That is correct. The problem is: validating parsers are hopelessly
useless. There is no way that a DTD can validate SVG in any
meaningful manner, only a ridiculously small subset of documents
(existing or possible) will give results that aren't false positives
or false negatives.

That's why the 1.2 family of SVG standards deprecates declarations
entirely. So long as 1.1 remains untouched it can stay as is, but if
it gets fixed it would be a little contradictory to make that fix be
something that the WG ruled out as a bad idea several years back.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
Designing pages in HTML is like having sex in a bathtub. If you don't